Career in the Merchant Navy (Shipping)
If you are a student of science or Mechanical Engineering and if your age is between 17 and 25, if you love the outdoors and have an aptitude for working hard and of a friendly disposition and if you do not like the idea of working on a desk from 9 to 5 then read about an exciting career in the Merchant Navy.
Merchant Navy as a career option has been around for quite some time, but due to it being an industry within the niche sector, many students are not aware of the career option in this field. Merchant navy is the most exciting and lucrative career that can be offered to any young student as a career option and it certainly is not a 9 to 5 job in the office. An officer at a very young age is given responsibilities that his peers ashore can only dream of and the remuneration is of course the best comparable to any of the top professions. So to know more about this career read on and learn about a career option that you didn’t know existed.
What is Merchant Navy?
The primary function of the Merchant navy is to transport goods from one place to another. It is the most essential component of world economy. More than 90% of goods are transported all over the world using ships.
Imagine a world without ships, no oil would reach refineries and all petrol pumps would be forced to shut down also all other transportation would shut down because they would not get their fuel. Farmers all over the world would be destroyed because fertilizers would not be available to their farms or worse a crop harvested in a place would not be able to reach the required market. Steel manufacturers and cloth manufactures would close down their industries and the world would go back to the Stone Age and yes you wouldn’t be reading this article because newsprint and the ink would not have made it to the printing press.
Why to choose Merchant Navy as a Career?:
Here are the reasons why you must opt for a Career in the Merchant Navy:
• An Exciting and Adventurous profession.
• Excellent salary structure
• Financial independence, you start earning as a deck cadet.
• Lots of responsibility at a very early age.
• Opportunities see the world and meet and interact with people from different countries.
• For a go-getter this career promises fast progress.
• You can choose your working period
• There is job security
• Long vacations, where you can give uninterrupted attention to your family members and indulge in various hobbies.
• Excellent accommodation and food on board ships.
• No expenses incurred for lodging or food while on board a ship.